Saturday, October 15, 2011

AUTUMN BRIDE

It has being a year since my last post. What a year it has being! One I can’t wait to leave behind. Like many people, this economy has dragged me down and all my time was taken trying to keep up.


I have not made a single thing all this time, although I try to make something for myself to keep my mind away, but it did not happen [why is it so hard to make something for yourself when you are a guy?] Never the less, the greatest give to “man” is it time… this too should pass.

One of my cousins is getting married this month, and of course I’m making her dress…

I’m posting some pics of her last fitting and other of the dress before the fitting. Later I will post detail pics of the process.



Front photo of the bride trying the dress. The dress has a scooped neckline, dropped waistline with cap sleeves. The bodice of the dress is made of emprodery tull with sequens, beads and flowers
















The lower part of the dress is made of Silk Satin Organza, with appliques of the bodice fabric on the top. Vertical ruffles in differnts lenghts all over the skirt














Back look of the dress in the mannequin















Front look of the dress
you could see on this pic that side seams had not being closed. The seams will be sewn after last fitting







The wedding is in two weeks, I'd post more pics after the wedding





9 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Missed you!

YAHAIRA BARRIENTOS said...

Thank you Mary Beth.

tazbride said...

Thats lovely x

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Madre mía Cruz !!!, que se puede decir que no sean palabras de admiración hacia tu trabajo en este vestido. Magnífico, de veras.

Un abrazo, con la alegría de saludarte de nuevo aquí.

Paco

Redrockcity said...

What a gorgeous dress. Absolutely lovely!

patsijean said...

Oh, Cruz...this dress is absolutely beautiful. I sympathize with your economic troubles. Things will change.

Cindy said...

So good to "hear" from you. The dress is just amazing. Hope your economic woes will soon be over.

Peter Lappin said...

Stunning gown!

YAHAIRA BARRIENTOS said...

Thank you Peter, and congrats on your article.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails