Monday, December 22, 2008

Blue Dress

I would like to take this time to give thanks all of you that have left some comments on the "Making a Valentino" project.

I also wish all a happy and safe Holidays. A New Year fill with much joy and prosperity.


I took a brake from the “VALENTINO” dress. Looking at the pics I notice a little ruffle on the seam that joins the Bodice and the skirt together, I was not sure about it. I look and look at the pic to have a clearer idea of what it really was, not sure, I decided to leave it aside and do something else.

Well, I thought, let me try a Burda World of Fashion pattern. I had a Cotton Twill that would be great for the dress feature on the April 2008 magazine.












Here is my version of the 101 dress.








I like this pattern a lot; it is my first time using the BWOF patterns, so far so good. The dress is size 34, (size 2 American size).
I still have to make the strings for the closure. The twill is too heavy for it; I will need to find a piece of fabric that would complement the blue twill to make them.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails