Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making A Valentino

I find myself with some free time, so I’m getting busy doing some work for my pleaser. I start it making a knockoff of a dress from Valentino’s Haute couture Spring 2008.



I figure, why not, I have the time and some silks, let’s do it.

Not wanting to spend time making a pattern [like I had done in the past, till I got wiser], I took a similar commercial pattern. The closes to the dress was B5277, made a copy of it on patternmaking paper, trace to muslin,











left some extra fabric by the neckline [I see the Valentino’s dress is had a higher neck line than the one on the pattern] and pin it on the mannequin.















With muslin on the dress form, and looking at the pic of the “V” dress, I drew the new lines on the neckline and sleeves. I also make the midriff yoke

Changes made on first muslin, I trace this changes to a new one, cut the upper part of the dress to fine done the sleeves and make sure neckline pleasing to me. Not sure if you could see, but I notice, the sleeves need to come down move at the top. I use some left piping [from the blouse I’m, making] as guide to where the bias ribbons would be place, this is need also to make the right length of the sleeve.




After going this far, I start it thinking what fabric I will use for this dress, I have some yards of printed silk charmeuse, I just don’t know witch, I’m favoring the yellow green one over the blue and green roses.





Let’s see how it goes…….




1 comment:

Nancy K said...

This is really going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails