Thursday, July 29, 2010

SILK CHIFFON PRINT


The second printed dress is finished. The bias corded tubes weave took a bit of time, it really was a bit of a pain, but it was done. The technique was the same as the MAKING A VALENTION , this time I made the bias tubes are smaller and filled it with yarn.












I used Silk Chiffon, silk organza and Silk charmeuse [for the tubing]
I’m still in the mood of “LIGHT, SOFT, TRANSPARENT”. I used the organza to line and underling the dress. The underline skirt is 2” shorter, the lining is 2” shorter than the underline.




A close up look of the bias corded tubing weave, this took a bit longer than I expected.










Rolled zig-zag hem on all three layers of skirt








1 comment:

Bunny said...

Fabulous! I love that you are doing these florals. They are so lovely. The tubing is fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails